I was basing it on purchasing a single copy.  Purchasing a site wide license
for say 500 desktops would see significant savings.

The Home/Student edition is cheaper but that's not for schools to use, it's
for the students to have on their own laptops which they aren't allowed to
connect to the school wifi...

On 10/02/2009 09:44, "Fearghas McKay" <fm-li...@st-kilda.org> wrote:

> On 10 Feb 2009, at 09:23, Alun Rowe wrote:
>

>> ³Microsoft offers the OS and Office at extremely competitive prices
>> to schools.  I have heard it quoted as being around £5 per license
>> for Office.²
>>
>> It is cheaper but not that cheap...
>
> At Glasgow University it used to be nearly that cheap - because there
> was a site wide licence students could get a set of discs for ~£10.
> Which probably only just about covered the costs of the admin and the
> floppies.
>
> The current retail price for a 3 user Home/School use only copy is
> £99, inc VAT, so £33 a user.

> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
> Unofficial list archive:
>

> This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
> is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you
> are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this
> message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
> please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
> your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.
>
> Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
> incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for
> any errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment,
> that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
> required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented
> are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
> company.

Alun Rowe
Pentangle Internet Limited
2 Buttermarket
Thame
Oxfordshire
OX9 3EW
Tel: +44 8700 339905
Fax: +44 8700 339906
Please direct all support requests to mailto:it-supp...@pentangle.co.uk
Pentangle Internet Limited is a limited company registered in England and
Wales. Registered number: 3960918. Registered office: 1 Lauras Close, Great
Staughton, Cambridgeshire PE19 5DP

-