2009/2/17 Jonathan Tweed <jonat...@tweed.name>:
> I wouldn't write off the A-Z so quickly, it's actually pretty clever and
> does find partial matches, e.g.:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/a-z/by/top%20gear/all
>
> returns Best of Top Gear, Top Gear and Top Gear Take Two.

Wow, I didn't realise A-Z could do that, I assumed it just listed
programmes by the first letter. Clearly it's much more than that.

> The HTML on /programmes is also easy to parse. I don't call using
> an XML parser and XPath screen scraping :)

Not really sure what XPath is but the HTML does look quite simple.
Should be able to extract what I want with a Regex or two.

Thanks for your help

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open windows.
                -- Adam Heath