.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk <owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk>
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk <backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk>
Sent: Sat Apr 18 12:13:50 2009
Subject: Re: [backstage] R&DTV launched

mp4 when badly setup glitches horribly on slower machines. and it
isn't easy to setup well & has to be checked (on a slower machine ;)

this 'format competition' is boring, especially as my dongle got
caught inadvertently dloading a 5min 500mB file which really annoyed
me, I only get 3GB/month on it. we don't all have permanent megapipes
seems to be forgotten in the techie oneupmanship stakes. public
service broadcaster remember.

.mkv/xvid public domain software - standardise - finito - spend time
instead putting out some archive material on bbc r & d would be great.
There must be something on blumlein or baird heh heh. now that would
be interesting.

Nico M