Lol.

This has made me laugh. Excellent idea. I would have used this when
listening to radio 1 yesterday (was it Greg Norman talking to Alex Krotowski
and calling Second Life a game! I was ranting at the radio wondering why
Alex didnt correct him in that its not technically a game as per the other
stuff they were discussing. You can't win anything in SL and similar genre
VW aremorphing into serious business/collaboration tools.

So yes Cow pat away. Love this idea.

Soulla

2009/9/30 J.P.Knight <j.p.kni...@lboro.ac.uk>

> Whilst working back from grabbing some sarnies with some collegues this
> lunchtime we were discussing politicans being interviewed on Radio 4 and how
> evasive and downright dodgy some of them (most of them? :-) ) sound. One of
> my chums then hit on a cunning wheeze for providing feedback to radio
> listeners that are using DAB radios or the web which we all rather liked.
>
> The basic idea was to take short messages from listeners (SMS, tweets,
> button clicks on the web, etc) when they thought that someone on air was
> spouting nonsense/evading the question/answering questions he'd rather he'd
> been asked/etc (we used a more bovine effluent related term during our
> discussion but I doubt that would be acceptable on the BBC! ;-) ).
>
> These could then be turned into a real time indication of listener
> dissatisfaction with the answers being given, and maybe displayed on the
> displays of the DAB radios, as well as on the Radio 4 website.  Indeed the
> web site could have graphs of "bovine effulent" levels during the day, week,
> month, year, etc so that you could spot when there'd been a particularly
> heavy burst of nonsense being spouted by someone on the wireless, possibly
> with hyperlinks to iplayer programmes so that you could nip back in time and
> hear what caused the listeners to cry foul.
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

Soulla Stylianou
RL Client Director
DADEN LIMITED

e: soulla.stylia...@daden.co.uk
t: 0121 698 8520
m: 07814145167

w: www.daden.co.uk
http://twitter.com/SoullaStylianou

sl: http://www.slurl.com/secondlife/daden%20prime/160/184/26

sl IM: ImmortalitySou Ballinger

Daden Limited is an Information 2.0 Consultancy and full service Virtual
Worlds/Second Life development agency.

Daden are a Linden Lab Gold Solution Provider for Second Life.