Brian Butterworth wrote:
And let's not forget that "EU Legislation" has to be enacted by the UK Parliament.
There's a few US laws I quite like, can I claim we use them here too?

From the FFII mailing list.

"Bilski v. Kappos, currently pending before the U.S. Supreme Court, is
considered the single most important decision worldwide on the issue of
patents on business methods, software and algorithms since the rejection
of the Software Patents Directive by the European Parliament."

Why not we seem to follow the US on IP Law issues. I was illustrating a point (about the Tripwire and licence) and rather suggesting it applied in the UK, as Rob has supplied the European equivalent is the EU Copyright Directive (I knew there was a European equivalent).

The US law is better known by it's initials the DMCA.

The Autocad ruling was just too good not to exploit.