2010/1/28 Mo McRoberts <m...@nevali.net>

> It's a piece of consumer electronics. A very powerful piece of
> consumer electronics, but a piece of consumer electronics nonetheless.

I think that's what I was getting at.

Before "home computers" came along the things consumers bought were called
"calculators".

There's something a bit old-school about me, if I can't pick it up and start
programming it, then it a "thing" not a computer.  And a "thing" with DRM
seems such a broken "thing" then that's my problem.  "Operating System"
isn't what I meant.

Apologies for inflammatory language, I found out this morning someone has
stolen by external terrabyte drive.  Lost a decade of TV recordings...

> M.
>
> -
> Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please
>  Unofficial list archive:

follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/briantist
web: http://www.ukfree.tv - independent digital television and switchover
advice, since 2002