Nick Reynolds-FM&T wrote:
Well as always I suspect we will argue about this until the cows come
home and not resolve it.

No what the BBC is doing is illegal under European law, (encrypting the broadcast - the EPG is broadcast), or at least, failing a legal opinion, in breach of the spirit of the law.

Where is the mandate for the BBC to break the law.

Where is the mandate for the BBC to enforce copyright or acquire control over consumers behavior through the use of intellectual property.

We all know what the current political environment is with the secret ACTA etc. But that does not validate the Ofcom's or the BBC's actions.

This is about the freedom of action of the individual, versus control by the intellectual property owner, whose rights are seen as more important to than public, and extend effectively forever.

The BBC is in the wrong side on this fight. And I for one, am appalled at the BBC's stance.

It doesn't get to be a much more fundamental principle, than freedom of speech and action, as the US constitution demonstrates.

Comments Nick, anyone else ?