Gordon Joly wrote:
On 17/06/2010 22:19, David Tomlinson wrote:

1. As a recipient of public money, the BBC can not discriminate against suppliers (requiring content control).

2. The BBC is subject to Public Service Obligations, and therefore must reach as wider range of the public as possible (not encrypting the EPG).

4. The BBC cannot enter into anti-competitive practices with other Broadcasters (to require Content Control).

5. The BBC cannot enter into anti-competitive practices with content distributors (Film Companies).

3. As a public body, the BBC cannot impose content management without a legal tribunal.

Point 6?

Point 6.
I don't think I have been taking this issue seriously enough ...

6. Competition law applies equally to the Film Distributors.

Just the two largest can exceed engaging in "Anticompetitive Parallel Behaviour" have 40% market share, 30% is required for a scale monopoly (UK law) or "Oligopolistic Dominance" (EU Law), and the figures were for world wide box office, not just the UK.

I am using Box Office as a proxy for market power/share.

A more formal analysis may be needed as the basis for legal action.