Of course bandwidth is free ... (Just confirming peoples suspicions about my sanity).

The only thing that isn't free, is widely regarded as free, but then that might become a philosophical discussion. And property rights confuse the issue.

You get huge amounts of free extra bandwidth when you purchase a new router. Technology doubles the available bandwidth every twelve months.

Haven't they just ratified the 40 and 100 Gb/s standards.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/22/ieee_802_dot_3ba_ratified/
http://www.ethernetalliance.org/files/static_page_files/F5BB8944-1D09-3519-ADA94D227208E301/HSE%20FAQ%20_02_0601%20_2_.pdf

Don't make me get the George Gilder out ...

Seriously make your points, I just wanted to indicate my position.
(and have some fun).

And then there is the mobile phone networks...