Bad new as well I just came across the following:

"Our content protection requirements have to cater for the widest possible number of content providers, including giving reassurance to those looking to support pay-per-view and subscription access to film," said Canvas's chief technology officer Anthony Rose.

While it considered letting broadcasters pick their own DRM providers, Canvas decided everyone taking part should use the same system, opting for open-standards based Marlin. Developed over the past five years by Intertrust, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung and Sony, Marlin is used widely in Japan and by Sony for its PlayStation Network.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/359287/project-canvas-looks-to-open-standards-for-drm