On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:21, David Tomlinson
<d.tomlin...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On 13/09/2010 23:11, Scot McSweeney-Roberts wrote:

> The distributors already use GeoIP or billing addresses to attempt to
> restrict access on the internet to services (including the BBC), and while
> iplayer, ITV player, and SEE SAW TV may be an option (Full Fat Flash), the
> experience will be much more awkward than just using Canvas, which will
> dominate the UK Free To Air market and retailers.

I think that until we start seeing manufacturers piping up saying that
they're going to start supporting Canvas in devices I can pop down to
Tesco and buy it's too early to say that Canvas will dominate the
market. If it remains the sole preserve of BT Vision/Talk Talk TV
boxes then it is far, far away from dominating the market. At the
moment, Canvas seems to be the preserve of the terrestrial
broadcasters and a handful of ISPs.