Travis Fraser writes:

> I have looked through the docs and found the command
>
> BackupPC_serverMesg backup all
>
> to queue all hosts for backup, but was wondering how to do this for just
> one host. I would like to be able to trigger the backup from the
> server's console.

    BackupPC_serverMesg backup HOSTIP HOST USER FULL

HOSTIP is the host's IP address, or can be the same as HOST if
HOST's ip address can be looked up via dns or smb.  HOST is the
host is backup.  USER is the user name requesting the backup,
and FULL is a 0 or 1 flag whether to do a full or incremental.

Craig