Cyril GUILLERMINET writes:

> I've got a problem with backuppc using a NAS appliance to store the pool
> of data.
>
> My appliance is a snap500, its root is mounted on my server via NFS and
> the backuppc's pool of data is stored on it.  When i'm starting
> backuppc, this appears in my logs :
>     "server kernel: RPC: call_verify: proc f8b3efa8 unsupported by
> program 100003, version 3 on server snap500."
>
> Is it a bug of backuppc ? Why is there a RPC call to the NAS when i'm
> starting backuppc ?

BackupPC reads config and status, files, opens log files, and
creates a unix-domain socket when it starts.  All of that requires
lots of RPC NFS calls.  Among all of those, perhaps the unix-domain
socket is not supported by the snap500.  But I've never heard of it
not being supported over NFS.

Craig