Keith wrote:

<SNIP>
fileListReceive() failed
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
Backup aborted (fileListReceive failed)

Does any one have any idea's what could be causing this. I'm running
backuppc 2.1.2pl1 on centos 4.3 and rsync-2.6.7-2 on my server and clients.
Thanks for any help and suggestions..

Keith.

Hmmmmm. FYI, see this email - http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=15124029

The problem described is in Fedora Core-3 (for both Dylan and myself). That doesn't mean it is not broken on other platforms.

Rsync is broken. Borked. Unworkable. Dysfunctional. My version is 2.6.7.2.fc3.rf

I am going to try his solution today. I haven't had time so my internet gateway isn't getting backed up, but it hardly ever changes (except when yum breaks things!).

HTH

--
Regards,

Bill Hudacek

"Redundancy is good; triple redundancy is twice as good!" - me