Hi,

after some weeks of good operation, we are facing some major problems
with backuppc+rsync after upgrading our debian unstable servers to the
most recent package versions.

This is what I see in the log files:

--------CUT--------
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root artemis nice -n 19 /usr/bin/rsync --server
--sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group --devices --links --times
--block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /backup_tree/
Xfer PIDs are now 10388
Got remote protocol 29
fileListReceive() failed
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
Backup aborted (fileListReceive failed)

the config file for the client in question looks like this:
--------CUT--------

artemis.pl:
--------CUT--------
#
# Local server backup of /etc as user backuppc
#
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = ['/backup_tree'];

$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $host nice -n 19 $rsyncPath
$argList+';

any ideas what's going wrong here?

TIA

Udo Rader