I have installed Backuppc on Ubuntu 5.10 using
#apt-get install backuppc
(much easier than setting it up on K12LTSP. I found it really tricky setting up apache, cgi-perl etc. Too much to learn at once.)
Anyway... installed it fine.
Next working out how to install Rsync on Windows:
I installed Cygwin with Rsync (2.6.6 and cygunsrv. (Using the bundled version didn't work because I already had NX client installed which uses cygwin1.dll and previously had installed cygwin also.) After installing Cygwin extracted the rsync.zip file from Backuppc to c:\rsync thenI copied Rsync and cygunsrv from cygwin onto of the ones in c:\rsync
Then I set up the .conf and secrets file.
Installed it by running service.bat from c:\rsync
I tested it by connecting from ubuntu server using rsync -av [EMAIL PROTECTED]::testdir . (Substituting my own user, server etc. of course.)
This worked!! :-) This will probably be good enough to use Backuppc...
But when I run rsync from command prompt it still complains about multiple cygwin1.dll files. What do I have to do to fix this?