I made the changes to the httpd.conf file. Here is the message I get when trying to start httpd:

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 326 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlResponseHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
-----Original Message-----
From: nilesh vaghela [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:51 AM
To: Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)
Cc: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Errors

my entry in httpd.conf is something like below.
Paste it to the end of httpd.conf and restart it.
Create password with htaccess command.

user backuppc
group backuppc
ServerName 192.168.10.101
<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
Options +ExecCGI
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 192.168
AllowOverride Indexes AuthConfig
AuthName "backuppc Admin"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /var/www/cgi-bin/.backuppcpsswd
Require valid-user
</Directory>

On 11/2/06, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Byron Trimble wrote:

> I'm using Apache 2.2.3 and I can't get mod_perl to work.

You don't need mod_perl for BackupPC to work, using mod_perl only
speeds up using the web interface. You do need to setup
authentication though. Scroll past the mod_perl instructions in step
8 and continue reading where it says: "BackupPC_Admin requires that
users are authenticated by Apache."

Nils Breunese.

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
74, Nalanda Complex, Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.
www.electromech.info