Installed libtime-modules-perl per instruction I received directly from Holger Parplies. Ran BackupPC_fixupBackupSummary on my hosts with lost backups and got the following messages:

Doing host gandolf
   Reading LOG.112006
   Reading LOG.z
   Reading LOG.0.z
   *** No info for backup number 42
   *** No info for backup number 22
   *** No info for backup number 50
   *** No info for backup number 49
   *** No info for backup number 48
   No changes for host gandolf

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Snyder wrote:
Thanks Craig.

In what directory do I install Time::ParseDate?

Yes, there is not corresponding entries for each folder so I will run after I install Time:ParseDate.

Thanks again, I appreciate your hard work on BackupPC.

Eric

Craig Barratt wrote:
Eric writes:

Part of the problem was that file owners and groups were wrong. I changed the owner and group to be backuppc:backuppc and I can now see some of my backup files. I have about eight backups that I cannot see at all even though I can see them with the file manager. Craig, about eight weeks ago you helped someone with a script that could rebuild backups. The link here <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.backuppc.general/8071/match=rebuild+backups+3 +0>. I tried that and got this error:

debian:~# /usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_fixupBackupSummary -l legolas
Can't locate Time/ParseDate.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/BackupPC/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_fixupBackupSummary line 44. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_fixupBackupSummary line 44.

What needs to be done so that I have the best chance of getting as many backups visible and usable as possible?

You need to install Time::ParseDate from CPAN.

But you should only be running BackupPC_fixupBackupSummary if you are
sure the backups file (ie: TOP/pc/HOST/backups) is lost or corrupted.
It is not going to solve a permissions problem.

You should look in TOP/pc/HOST and look for the numbered directories.
Is there a corresponding line in the TOP/pc/HOST/backups file for every
numbered directory?  If not, then you can run BackupPC_fixupBackupSummary
to try to recover the old information.

Craig