OK, after spending stacks more time on this than I should, I've found
more problems with my backuppc config.

Since I didn't get a response from my previous email, here is some more
details in this one...

config file:
$Conf{HardLinkMax} = 3999999;
$Conf{FullPeriod} = 60;
$Conf{IncrPeriod} = 0.9;
$Conf{FullAgeMax} = 249;
$Conf{IncrKeepCnt} = 65;
$Conf{IncrKeepCntMin} = 1;
$Conf{IncrAgeMax} = 99999;
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsyncd';
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = ['cDrive'];
$Conf{RsyncdUserName} = 'admin';
$Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = 'bright38';
$Conf{ArchiveComp} = 'bzip2';
$Conf{CompressLevel} = 5;
$Conf{PingMaxMsec} = 30;
$Conf{CgiDateFormatMMDD} = 0;
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = [
                'hiberfil.sys',
                'pagefile.sys',
                'UsrClass.dat',
                'UsrClass.dat.LOG',
                'NTUSER.DAT',
                'ntuser.dat.LOG',
                'Program Files/Norton Antivirus/Quarantine/*',
                'Symantec',
                'windows/system32/config/DEFAULT',
                'windows/system32/config/sotfware.LOG',
                'windows/system32/config/system.LOG',
                'System Volume Information/*',
];
$Conf{XferLogLevel} = 9;

When I run backuppc manually from the command line like this:
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -f -v -d 192.168.2.16

here is the end of the backup output (which is only a fraction of the
way through the full backup).

Once, it has managed a 'level 0' backup with errors, but ever since, it
has failed every single time, which usually includes multiple attempts
per day.

Documents and Settings/adamg/Application
Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0r7o6ela.default/urlclassifier2.sqlite:
writing 32768 bytes new data
Documents and Settings/adamg/Application
Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0r7o6ela.default/urlclassifier2.sqlite:
blk=, newData=32768, rxMatchBlk=, rxMatchNext=0
Documents and Settings/adamg/Application
Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0r7o6ela.default/urlclassifier2.sqlite:
writing 32768 bytes new data
Documents and Settings/adamg/Application
Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0r7o6ela.default/urlclassifier2.sqlite:
blk=, newData=10240, rxMatchBlk=, rxMatchNext=0
Documents and Settings/adamg/Application
Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0r7o6ela.default/urlclassifier2.sqlite:
writing 10240 bytes new data
Documents and Settings/adamg/Application
Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0r7o6ela.default/urlclassifier2.sqlite:
blk=2309, newData=0, rxMatchBlk=, rxMatchNext=0
Documents and Settings/adamg/Application
Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0r7o6ela.default/urlclassifier2.sqlite:
blk=, newData=32768, rxMatchBlk=2309, rxMatchNext=2372
Parent read EOF from child: fatal error!
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/ag-laptop/0/fcDrive/fDocuments and
Settings/fadamg/fApplication Data/fReal/fGOOGLE_DESKTOP/fbarcontrol.dll
cache = , invalid = , phase = 0
Sending csums for Documents and Settings/adamg/Application
Data/Real/GOOGLE_DESKTOP/barcontrol.dll (size=110592)
Sending csums, cnt = 73156, phase = 1
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/ag-laptop/0/fcDrive/fDocuments and
Settings/fadamg/fApplication Data/fReal/fGOOGLE_DESKTOP/fgdsapi.dll
cache = , invalid = , phase = 1Sending csums for Documents and
Settings/adamg/Application Data/Real/GOOGLE_DESKTOP/gdsapi.dll (size=4096)
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Child exited prematurely)

My backuppc server is running debian stable, and is version
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ dpkg -l | grep backuppc
ii  backuppc       2.1.1-2sarge2  high-performance, enterprise-grade
system fo

Any hints/guidelines/assistance/pointers to manuals etc would be greatly
appreciated.

So far, I have managed to get it to backup a couple of linux servers
properly, but just can't seem to sort out all the pieces on this windows
machine (which in many ways is probably more important than the linux
boxes which don't have much real data on them)...

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev