I received this error meesage last night when my backups ran:

backup failed (aborted by signal=PIPE)

Could anyone tell me what this means.

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Mikesell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 5:55 PM
To: Byron Trimble
Cc: Backuppc-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Rsyncd

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 13:29 -0500, Byron Trimble wrote:
> After changing some configurations, I received this meesage in the
rsynd.log
> file:
>
> "missing secret for user""
>
> I know that I have this user in the rysncd.secrets file.

When running backuppc, the user will be what you set in
$Conf{RsyncdUserName} =
and the password in
$Conf{RsyncdPasswd} =

Be sure they match, including upper/lower case and that there are
no spaces around the : separating the user and password in the
rsyncd.secrets file.

If you are testing with the command line rsync and the user
is not the same as the logged-in user running the command,
use the syntax:
rsync [EMAIL PROTECTED]::module

   [EMAIL PROTECTED]