Fabio,

Usually, when it complains that Apache can't connect to BackupPC, it's because BackupPC isn't running. You can log in as root, then do 'service backuppc restart' and see what it does. It should shut down first, then start. I expect it to say 'failed' when trying to shut down, because I don't think it's running. Then it should start, and your www will be working. However, if it says 'ok' when shutting down, you've got other problems, like files are in the wrong place, or some user permissions problem (httpd needs to run as a user that can access BackupPC files), etc.

You can also check to see if it is running by doing a 'ps ux' and looking at the programs running as your backuppc user.

Good luck,
JH

Fabio Parodi wrote:
The problem I have is about the BackupPC Web client. I'm pretty sure I did something wrong during the installation, but I can't fix it now.
As soon as I use my Firefox browser to  access:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin
I get the BackupPC frame window, but with the following error:
"Error: Unable to connect to BackupPC server: