On Thursday 07 December 2006 21:23, louie aguilos wrote:
> got this problem backing up a linux box. ssh was configured already but
> still got this error.
>

> Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root 192.168.6.50 /usr/bin/rsync --server
> --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group --devices --links --times
> --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /home/ Xfer PIDs are now
> 5508
> Rsync command pid is 5508
> Fetching remote protocol
> Got remote protocol 1953722184
> Fatal error (bad version): Host key verification failed.

I think you need to su - <backuppcUserNameHere> and try to ssh -l root
192.168.6.50 as that user so it gets the key for the remote host stored in
~/.ssh/known_hosts.  Also, I would personally recommend using rsyncd rather
than rsync over ssh just so you don't have a non-priveliged user of one
machine becoming root on another, but that's just my advice.  If you choose
to go the ssh route, this should work!  HTH!

Randy