G'afternoon everyone.

  I'm having a stupid problem with BackupPC and it's per-pc
configuration.  I know I've done it before at another company, but I
don't have access to their stuff any more to see what stupid thing I'm
doing.

  This is a nice fresh installation of 3.0.0beta3

These are from my main config.pl

$Conf{TopDir}      = '/host/backuppc_data';
$Conf{ConfDir}     = '/etc/BackupPC';
$Conf{LogDir}      = '/var/log/BackupPC';
$Conf{InstallDir}  = '/host/backuppc';
$Conf{CgiDir}      = '/host/httpd/htdocs';
$Conf{XferMethod} = "smb";

  I'm still trying to get the first (and most important, of course)
site to back up.   It's per-pc config is at:

/host/backuppc_data/pc/domain.com/config.pl

which contains:

$Conf{XferMethod} = "rsyncd";
$Conf{RsyncdUserName = "user";
$Conf{RsyncdPasswd} = "pass";
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = ['CDrive', 'EDrive'];

  When the backup runs, it's still trying to use the default smb, so I
know it's not reading the config.

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\domain.com\\C\$ -U  -E -N -d 1 -c
tarmode\ full -Tc -
full backup started for share C$
[SNIP]
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share C$)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share C$)

I've made symlinks all over the place, trying to get this to work.
The real per-pc config is at
/host/backuppc_data/pc/domain.com/config.pl

I've symlinked:
/host/backuppc_data/pc /host/backuppc/pc

/host/backuppc_etc/pc --> /host/backuppc_data/pc
/host/backuppc/pc       --> /host/backuppc_data/pc
/var/lib/backuppc        --> /host/backuppc

That last one, in turn makes /var/lib/backuppc/pc/domain.com link to
/host/backuppc_data/pc/domain.com

  I can't figure out where these stupid per-pc configs go.  I have
about 20 machines to get backed up sometime soon (like, this afternoon
would have been nice, but...)  Of course, each one is owned by a
different person, which needs it's own custom config, because none of
them can have the same password as another.  Some will use samba, some
rsync, blah, blah, blah.

  I know it can be done.  I had this working on a site with about 150
servers.  I'm at a loss to why it doesn't work this time.  Maybe a bug
in 3.0.0beta3, or a change that is escaping me, or complete user
failure?