-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of JW Smythe
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 11:49 PM
To: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [BackupPC-users] win32 rsyncd speed

  G'evening all.

  Does anyone know of a good way to speed up rsyncd on a Windows machine?

  I'm doing remote backups, from Windows servers on a 100Mb/s link to
a Tier1 provider, to my BackupPC off-site location on Verizon FiOS.
It seems to be taking an awful long time to get the data down to me.

  I just started doing them a few days ago.  The only server with a
transfer rate says the speed was 0.13 MB/s

  I just did an scp of a 45Mb file from a server in the same location,
to my backup machine.  scp reported 935KB/s, taking 49 seconds.  0.13
and 0.93 are a world of difference.   I'm assuming there's something
in the rsyncd configuration I could change, but there wasn't a lot of
documentation in the rsyncd package.  I'm using the one from the
BackupPC site, not my own compile.