Renke writes:

> First one is that some of our clients aren't online any more but we would
> keep
> the backups. According to the help I changed the per-client-config of
> $Conf{FullPeriod} to -2. Today I get a mail that this machine isn't full
> backuped since more than 7 days. I believed the changed configuration would
> suppress this messages, has anyone a hint?

I don't believe the messages are suppressed.  The reason is you
might use this setting and be using cron or manual backups to
backup the machine.  To diable the email you also need to set
$Conf{EMailNotifyOldBackupDays} to a large value.

> The second one is real strange. The smb-backup of our Win2000-computers is
> stable, but yesterday I added the first XP machine. Now I get everytime the
> error "Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
> opening
> remote file \Bin\AdvOCR\F (\Bin\AdvOCR\)". On this machine isn't at all a
> file
> or directory called \Bin\AdvOCR\F but the browsing of the backup-archive
> shows
> that backuppc creates many empty directories which didn't exists on the
> remote
> machine.
> My first thought was an outdated smb-client but updating didn't fixed the
> problem. If I mount the smb-share on the console of the backup-server
> everything
> is allright and I can't see the directories backuppc tries to save.
> The directories are all one-letter names (e.g. a, c, I, N, O, ...) - what
> happened?

The 20000 millisecond timeout from smbclient is believed to be
caused by anti-virus SW that needs long processing time when the
directory or files are large.  Not sure why the error message
doesn't make sense.

Craig