Timothy J. Massey wrote:
> Again, I ask everyone:  does anyone have a better solution?  I have
> heard only two solutions to the off-site storage issue.  1) Do an
> archive to some sort of removable media.  Given the storage
> requirements, I don't see how it could be anything *other* than a hard
> drive.  If you were going to spend four figures to buy a big enough tape
> library, wouldn't you use it for backup directly?  Or 2) create some
> sort of RAID-1 configuration and break it regularly to swap out a drive
> and store it off-site.  Someone even recommended a 3-drive RAID-1, so
> the data stays redundant, but you can still break the array.  It doesn't
> change the workload on the array, however...

If you have a suitable offsite location with enough internet bandwidth, the
low-maintenance way is to throw a vpn between sites and let an independent
instance of backuppc run from there, backing up the same targets.  You
might need to make the initial copy on the local LAN or perhaps add each
new target on a Friday and let it run through the weekend to get started.

   [EMAIL PROTECTED]