Ralf writes:
> Arch Willingham schrieb:
> > "Wooooooosssshhhhhh"...I hate to be a dummy but that's the sound of
> > this all going way over my head :) !!! If the -x is ok, what do I
> > need to change to have BackupPC backup itself?
>
> I've no idea. -x disables X11 forwarding, thus I don't know why it's
> complaining abut xlib.
>
> What happens if you ssh from the backuppc server to machine2 as
> backuppc user? Adding -vvv will gibe you a more verbose output,
> removing -q will show you more warning messages.
>
> /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root machine2
>
> or
>
> /usr/bin/ssh -vvv -x -l root machine2

man ssh_config says:

     ssh obtains configuration data from the following sources in the following
     order:
           1.   command-line options
           2.   user's configuration file (~/.ssh/config)
           3.   system-wide configuration file (/etc/ssh_config)

So the command-line -x argument can be overridden by the config files
~/.ssh/config or /etc/ssh_config.  So look in those two files for
"ForwardX11" and make sure it says "ForwardX11 no".

Craig