Hi,

On Saturday 03 February 2007 01:26, Holger Parplies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Chantal Rosmuller wrote on 02.02.2007 at 20:08:46 [[BackupPC-users] cannot
cleanup /var/lib/backuppc/trash]:
> > If I want to clean up /var/lib/backuppc/trash I get the following error:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_trashClean
> > processState running
> > log BackupPC_trashClean failed to empty /var/lib/backuppc/trash
> > processState idle
>
> first of all, I don't think you're actually supposed to run
> BackupPC_trashClean from the command line. BackupPC will run it for you.

I know, but I get the following error in the logfiles: BackupPC_trashClean
failed to empty /var/lib/backuppc/trash So I did a test on the commandline

> BackupPC_trashClean (and BackupPC::Lib::RmTreeTrashEmpty() aren't exactly
> explicit about what is failing. There are a few possibilities that spring
> to mind:
>
> - file system mounted read-only?

No that is not the case

> - immutable bit set on a file (presuming it's an ext2/ext3)?

Yes the immutable bit is set on some directories below /var/lib/backuppc/trash
but the question is: how did that happen?

> - directory permissions messed up (however that happened)
>   find /var/lib/backuppc/trash -type d \! \( -perm -0200 -a -user backuppc
> \) -ls should show you what's wrong, if anything is
>
> If that doesn't help:
> - what sort of filesystem is /var/lib/backuppc on?

ext3

> - Debian? BackupPC 3.0.0?
backuppc 2.1.1 on debian 3.1

> - du -s /var/lib/backuppc/trash   (after running BackupPC_trashClean)?
> - are any files removed at all?
Yes the non-immutable files are removed

> Is there a pause between 'processState
>   running' and 'log BackupPC_trashClean failed ...'?

I'm not sure, can this be tested form the commandline?

> - You *are* running that as 'backuppc' (as your prompt indicates), and that
>   *is* the BackupPC user? [Yes, I know, otherwise there should be a warning
>   about running with an incorrect UID]

yes backuppc is the correct user

> Regards,
> Holger