Hello list!

My thanks again go out to Craig for a great piece of software!

I have been running BackupPC 2.1.1 on a debian box, installed by the
apt-get package system. Tonight I upgraded by compiling 3.0.0, and
encountered a good number of problems, largely resulting from Debian
modifications. The problems had for the most part been covered on this
list previously, and I got through nearly all of them.

The problem that remains is some misconfiguration of the webpage or
cgi script. I have 3 hosts being backed up, one using tar with a very
limited sudo, one with samba, and the 3rd with rsyncd. With all 3
hosts, I can view their previous backups, but clicking on the "Start
Incr Backup" or "Start Full Backup" will simply return me to the
default homepage, the one generated by the BackupPC_Admin file in the
cgi-bin.

The currently running jobs section of the main page will have nothing
in it, and a CLI check will confirm that the backup is not being
performed. When I follow the steps in the FAQ, I can su to the
backuppc user, and issue the command "__INSTALLDIR__/bin/BackupPC_dump
-v -f hostName", and the backup will be done. The main page still
doesn't show anything in process under currently running jobs, but
once the CLI backup is complete, the backup files will exist, and the
webpage GUI shows them.

It seems the config and executable files as well as permissions are
all correct, otherwise the CLI backup would fail. I am logging both
errors and access to an apache log in addition to backuppc's own
logging, but I don't see anything. The data directory, where the
individual host XferLog and LOG files are don't get updated at all
when I use the webpage to start the backup, but the CLI backup updates
all logs in this directory as expected.

If any additional info or configs would make this easier to diagnose,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Jim