Hello,

I already read in another thread that samba has some troubles with
retreiving the password from environment.

I am using Centos 5, all updates applied. So it seems that samba was
compiled different.

I read, that I could just place the password after the username at the
incremental samba command.

But I don't want to set this for each computer, is there a variable that
I could used for the password, like $password,

or $env{pass}, that it does it automatically?

Or any other solutions, that doesn't require a rebuilt of smb.

Probably the same problem applies if I want to backup a smb share, but
only pick some directories.

Once I changed it to different share names it worked with the full
backup, but not if I chose one share name and only some directories.

Using Backup PC 3.0.0

Thanks for your help .

Patrick