On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:23:16AM -0500, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> That said, I'm not married to it, and last I knew, Nate Carlson (hi Nate!)
> was happily running XFS on his backuppc installation.

I'm using XFS as well, with no problems so far (6 months in).

Someone's probably said this already but in case not, my understanding
is that with 32-bit linux, the stack size in the kernel (4k) is a bit
small for using XFS, especially when it's layered with software RAID.

I guess you can build a kernel with 8k stacks but this apparently has
issues too.

This apparently can lead to issues although i run this way on my home
server with no issues yet (crossed fingers).

64-bit systems are not affected by this.

danno
--
Dan Pritts, System Administrator
Internet2

Dive into the next wave of innovation:
Register for the Internet2 Member Meeting
http://events.internet2.edu/2007/fall-mm/