dan wrote:

?? im not sure why you would be getting a gdk error. if you dont already know, gdk is a graphics framework for gnome and xfce and the Xlib is an access library for gdk to talk to X windows. it looks like your ssh client does some gdk calls.

what distro are you on?  this looks like a gentoo thing, am i wrong?

I still see --devices instead of -D in the command.

Nils.

On 10/17/07, Varuna Nohar <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:hi all

i'm getting the error while taking the backup with backuppc. I came out of this prolem by changing --devices to -Das suggested by some one but now again the problem is same so nw what shd i do ?plz help me .

Contents of file /var/lib/backuppc/pc/hello.com/XferLOG.bad, modified 2007-10-18 09:33:27

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root hello.com /usr/bin/rsync -- server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group --devices -- links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /home/

Xfer PIDs are now 6566
Got remote protocol 1936926730
Fatal error (bad version):
(ssh-askpass:6567): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib

Read EOF:
Tried again: got 0 bytes
fileListReceive() failed

Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
Backup aborted (fileListReceive failed)