Paddy Sreenivasan wrote:
> I'm a developer in Amanda (http://amanda.zmanda.com) project.  Is anyone
> using Amanda and Backuppc together?

I'm using them separately with some of the same hosts as targets.

> I'm interested in integrating Backuppc with Amanda.  Amanda will be
> the media manager (support for tapes and other media) consolidator of data
> from a group of BackupPC clients.  Amanda's application api
> (http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Application_API) can be used for
> integration.
> Lots of details have to be worked out.

Since neither really needs any day to day attention, I kind of like the
fact that they don't know anything about each other and have no common
point of failure.  I'm just hoping I'll never have to restore from the
amanda tapes again - it's been so long that I've almost forgotten how.

> If anyone is interested in developing such a solution, please send me an email
> (paddy at zmanda dot com).  Any suggestions on what features would be
> useful in a integrated solution?

I suppose an amanda method that could include a tar copy of some of the
backuppc hosts into its run would be nice for system where you are using
rsync and don't have the bandwidth to make a direct copy.  But it might
make more sense to try to glue backuppc's pooled archive into bacula if
you want to combine tape and on-line backups.

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]