I want to exclude the directory which contains vmware virtual machines.
I have tried to exclude it on my localhost computer and on my windows
laptop. But both of them are still trying to backup the directory I
want to exclude.

Have I used the wrong formatting?

I have searched the archives, but I still couldn't figure out what is wrong.

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Krsnendu dasa

The location on the local host is
/home/krsnendu/Virtual Machines

Using the web interface I typed exactly the same as above for the
variable: BackupFilesExclude

In the config file it looks like this:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '/home/krsnendu/Virtual Machines' => [
    ''
  ]
};

For the windows machine:
The share name is Educator which maps to
c:\Documents and Settings\Educator

Using the web interface for BackupFilesExclude I typed:

/My Documents/My Virtual Machines/*