Hello,

I'm a happy user of BackupPC since a few years,
running an old installation of backuppc that was created
on some version of SuSE linux, then ported over to debian lenny.

The pool is a reiserfs3 on LVM, about 300GB size, but with a lot of
hardlinks...
Now I'm trying to put the pool onto a new filesystem, so I created an
XFS on a striped RAID0 of 3 disks (to speed up copying), and use
rsync -aHv to copy everything including the hardlinks.
The cpool itself took about a day, and now it is running for 6 days and
maybe it has done 70% of the work. BTW, a copy with dd takes about 2 hours.

I've tried to do this with BackupPC_TarPCCopy, but it does not seem to
be any faster.

Anybody else has seen this? Is it generally useful to move the pool to
xfs, or should I just stay with the old filesystem?

Anyway, keep up the good work...

     Thanks, Oliver

--
Dr. Oliver Freyd