I had noticed this a while back, because of a misconfiguration on my part.
However, that brings a thought to mind, a feature request.

I guess the best way to describe it would be a "dry run" restore mode.
Something where I could run a full or partial restore  and exercise the
mechanism on the backuppc server, while not actually moving the files. Have
it go through all the motions, including putting a list of files in the
final report.

Thoughts?
--b