On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 11:40 +0200, Boniforti Flavio wrote: > Hello everybody. > > Something strange happened and my backups didn't work one night. > > Here's the situation: > > I got my backups scheduled at 21:00 every night. > > Here (Switzerland) the Daylight Saving Time change happened on Sunday > morning, 27.03.2011. > > So, my backups worked ok on 26.03.2011, starting at 21:00. > Sunday evening the backups still worked ok, but started at 22:00. > I guess this is ok, considering standard IncPeriod value of 0.97.
I see the same. All my backups executed an hour later, which is what I'd expect given IncrPeriod. Also, the log shows BackupPC is aware of the timezone change (it expected to skip an hour): 2011-03-27 00:00:00 Next wakeup is 2011-03-27 02:00:00 > Now, the strange part is that last night every backup stated "Nothing to > do"! > I can see that backups started at 21:00, which is not yet 97% of 24 > hours, right? I do not have this problem on any of my 4 BackupPC servers. I cannot see why it would start for you 3 days later. Whatever this is, I don't see how it has anything to do with the switch to summer time. Regards, Tyler -- "Should one decide to implement violence as a solution, it should be applied without hesitation or relent until the issue is resolved. It is to no one's benefit, save your adversaries, to half-beat someone." -- Henry Clyde Hatcher IV ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Enable your software for Intel(R) Active Management Technology to meet the growing manageability and security demands of your customers. Businesses are taking advantage of Intel(R) vPro (TM) technology - will your software be a part of the solution? Download the Intel(R) Manageability Checker today! http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmar _______________________________________________ BackupPC-users mailing list [email protected] List: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/backuppc-users Wiki: http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net Project: http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/
