Tyler J. Wagner wrote at about 09:46:39 +0100 on Monday, September 5, 2011:
 > On 2011-09-02 18:06, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
 > > Why do you assume something is wrong with how you are using the
 > > program?
 > >
 > > The error message is saying that you have a bunch of files in the pc
 > > tree that are linked to each other but not to the pool (actually there
 > > is a small bug in my program in that the attrib file should say "VALID
 > > pc file" not "INVALID pc file - I will fix that). Such cases can
 > > happen when a backup fails to link to the file. Alternatively, it
 > > could mean the attrib file is broken (in an upcoming version, I will
 > > separate these cases...)
 >
 > I assumed it was in error because that was the first backup of the first
 > host, and I'd never received any indication that it failed to link.
 >
 > > Can you confirm if those files are indeed in the pool?
 >
 > The files are not in the pool. How can I manually force them to link?

You probably want to read the documentation under --help (and also
perhaps at the head of the executable). But you probably want to use
the --fixlinks|-f option which will create links between any pc file
that is not linked to the pool to either the appropriate existing pool
element (if it's there but not linked) or it will create a new
properly named pool element linked to the pc file if the pool element
doesn't already exist.

I am attaching a slightly updated version of the executable that makes the
error reporting a little more clear for non-linked pc files:

Good luck and please let me know how this works out for you...