On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Bryan Keadle (.net) <bkea...@keadle.net> wrote:
> I'm doing an initial install and testing of BackupPC.  On a host Backup
> Summary page, it shows 111 #Xfer errs.  When I click on the Errors link, I
> get a page with a title stating "(Extracting only Errors)", and yet it's a
> *HUGE* long list, certainly more than 111 errors.  What am I to make of
> this?  Is the filter for "extracting only errors" broken?
>
> Contents of file /var/lib/BackupPC/pc/bkeadle-vmw732/XferLOG.0.z, modified
> 2012-07-01 20:54:01 (Extracting only Errors)
>
> Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\bkeadle-vmw732\\C\$ -U VOP/BackupPC -E -d 1
> -c tarmode\ full -Tc -
> full backup started for share C$
> Xfer PIDs are now 12592,12591
> [ skipped 10 lines ]
> NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \Documents and Settings\*
> [ skipped 27 lines ]

Not sure why you are seeing items that don't look like errors in the
error listing, but this is the thing you need to be concerned about
since it covers the entire tree below and is probably what you really
want to back up.   Either the credentials you are using don't have
full admin/backup rights or your samba version isn't passing things
correctly.   I'm not much of a windows expert so I'm not sure how to
fix it.

     lesmikes...@gmail.com