On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:04 AM, gshergill
<backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com> wrote:

> ==================
> Also, when adding hosts in the web interface you can specify new=old
> to copy an existing host's configuration so once you get a system of
> each type working you can use it as a template when adding more and
> then edit in any specific differences in the new instances.
> ==================
>
> That's the newhost=copyhost option for the hostname right?
>
> For example, I want server2 to take settings from server 1, so in the web ui
> I go to Edit hosts, add new, and in the host column I add;
>
> server2=server1
>
> Is that correct?

Yes, then go to the server2 page and change any details that differ.
If the shares are the same and you don't set ClientNameAlias, you
might not need to change anything for additions made this way.   Note
that you want to be sure your source settings are correct before
making a lot of copies, though.  Subsequent changes of settings that
override the global config will have to be repeated for each copy.

You probably want the global settings to match your most common target
type because you can make changes there and affect all targets that
don't override it, but the template/copy approach is good where you
have several of a different type (like windows/linux).

     lesmikes...@gmail.com