On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:30 AM, sbdcunha
<backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com> wrote:

> I hvae backup pc running for some time backing up linux and windows 2003
> servers
>
> but recently there came a need to backup one server which is windows 2000
>
> when I tried to backup from backuppc admin it gives a error message
> -----------
>
> Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\xx.xx.xx.xx\\t -U backupuser -E -N -d 1 -c
> tarmode\ full -Tc -
> full backup started for share t
> Xfer PIDs are now 16028,16027
> session request to xx.xx.xx.xx failed (Called name not present)

I think this means you tried to connect to an IP address and it only
wants to accept a netbios name.  This may have been fixed in a service
pack or have an option that can be changed, but the quick fix would be
to use the host name instead of the IP and if it doesn't resolve in
DNS, add an entry in the /etc/hosts file on the backuppc server for
it.

      lesmikes...@gmail.com