On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:26 AM, robp2175
<backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com> wrote:
> I want to have a couple of php web pages on my backuppc server, but I will
> need to install php in order to do this. However, I am hesitant to install it
> for fear that this may break my BackupPC installation. Can anyone offer any
> definitive information regarding what the effect of installing the php
> packages would be?

It is not a problem in general - you just need to make sure that you
don't clobber the apache config section for backuppc when adding other
applications.    Most things that are packaged as rpms or debs for
linux distributions split out their own parts of the apache
configuration into separate files that are included by the main one to
reduce the chance of conflicts.   In RH/Centos these are in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ - not sure about debian/ubuntu but I think they use
a similar scheme under /etc/apache2/conf.d.

     lesmikes...@gmail.com