On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:51 AM, niraj_vara
<backuppc-fo...@backupcentral.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>     I want to change the backed data format of BackupPC .  Means when we take
> the backup from the BackupPC it stored the files with 'data' files.
>
>    Is it possible that we change it to the another format ??????
>
> i.e.
>
> [root@fLocal Folders]# file fSent
> fSent: data
>
> its showing the file type is 'data' I want to change it to with tar or tar.gz
> is it possible ????

You can turn off compression with $Conf{CompressLevel} = 0; if you
don't care about the storage space.  Or just run BackupPC_zcat on each
file that you want to uncompress when/if you need it.   You can
generate a standard tar output with BackupPC_tarCreate, but that is to
extract copies - it doesn't replace the archive storage and pooling.

Depending on why you think you need this, one of the fuse filesystem
modules that others have developed might work.

     lesmikes...@gmail.com