Like Kris, we back up a number of MacBooks here using rsync via ssh, and
have never had an issue.

Also like Kris, we only backup /Users which limits what we're backing up.

Ray Frush               "Either you are part of the solution
T:970.288.6223               or part of the precipitate."
 Avago Technologies | APD Technical Computing | IT Engineer