On 13-12-27 12:28 AM, Prem wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I am also using KVM and VM for the backuppc running on Ubuntu 12.04.
> It can run without issues but based on my observatio, you need to
> roughly allocate 1 core for 1 client that requires backup. For example
> if you have 10 clients then its better to allocate 10 cores.
>
> I got this through the NMON monitoring when multiple jobs are running
> at the same time.

You can control CPU/disk IO by limiting the number of jobs that run in
parallel. You'll also find better efficiency by using OpenVZ rather than
KVM.

For a very nice KVM/OpenVZ interface, check out proxmox
(http://www.proxmox.com/)

--
Looking for (employment|contract) work in the
Internet industry, preferably working remotely.