I am having a similar issue with a Windows 10 Enterprise laptop in that I
can not back it up with a similar configuration.  The error log is below.
I tried rearranging the lines of rsyncd.conf, verifying credentials and
proper permissions on the hosts and config.pl files as well as the
configuration file in the pc folder.  I set up another Windows 10
Enterprise workstation at work using the backuppc-cygwin-rsync 3.0.9 setup
and it backed up successfully.  I thought perhaps it was due to the fact
that I am using Fedora 25 as by BackupPC server at home using rsync-3.1.2
vs CentOS 7 at work which uses rsync-3.0.9 but the laptop would not back
up at work either, giving the same error message.  Perhaps there is
something with Windows 10 itself that is different but I can't find
anything helpful in the logs.  I am successfully backing up an old Windows
2003 server as well as several Windows 7 workstations.  My configuration
is pretty much the same as Stan Larson's.

full backup started for directory cDrive
Connected to 192.168.0.146:873, remote version 30
Negotiated protocol version 28
Read EOF: Connection reset by peer
Tried again: got 0 bytes
Error connecting to module cDrive at 192.168.0.146:873: auth required, but
service cDrive is open/insecure
Got fatal error during xfer (auth required, but service cDrive is
open/insecure)
Backup aborted (auth required, but service cDrive is open/insecure)

--
Ted Buchanan
Computer/Network Analyst - Vincennes University