From: Richard Shaw [mailto:hobbes1...@gmail.com]
Sent: den 18 mars 2017 13:49
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] RPM for BackupPC 4

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com
<mailto:sh...@sewingwitch.com> > wrote:
I know Benjamin Lefoul took over as packager for Fedora. Benjamin, is there
an RPM coming soon for v4? I've got a CentOS 7 system suitable for testing
it on.

I actually just recently took over maintainership of BackupPC for Fedora and
EPEL. There's still quite a bit of work to be done.

There were several patches applied which I had to evaluate if they were still
necessary which is done. There's also two new requirements, BackupPC-XS and
rsync-bpc which needed Review Requests which are also done but rsync-bpc still
needs to be built and it will be at least a week before I can push them to
stable.

I actually plan on starting with a COPR for testing purposes since I don't want
to automatically start upgrading people. In fact I plan on building version 4
on F26, and rawhide only for that reason.

I'm still working on how to properly stop BackupPC from SystemD, all the
methods I've tried exit with a code which SystemD interprets as a failure..

Good to hear it’s being worked on!

--
//Sorin