Steve Palm reported that error last week on this list.  It relates to a
patch included in 4.x to make ipv6 work.

It's likely you have an old version of perl and Socket.pm.  Could you tell
us your versions?  Run this:

perl -v
perl -e 'use Socket; print $Socket::VERSION . "\n"'

Try upgrading Socket.pm:

sudo cpan

install Socket

I'll add a version check on Socket to configure.pl.

Craig