> To archive the last backup of each host, i would like to copy the last
> extracted version of each host to a usb drive without using tar.
> I would like on the usb drive (to restore easily a file if necessary)
> that the drive can be used even without backuppc with for each host the
> directory structure and all the uncompressed files.
>
> Actually for archiving, only a tar (compressed or not) can be used.

Take a look at
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#Command-line-restore-options,
which will do the tar restore of the most current backup.  You can probably
set that as a DumpPostUserCmd, with the destination being your mounted USB
drive.

You can also configure the localhost (BackupPC server), using XferMethod
'archive' with no compression, again with the destination being your
mounted USB drive.  I haven't done it, but
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#Archive-functions seems
to answer your needs.  Though if you do this for ALL of your hosts, you
definitely lose out on the deduplication.

-Kris

Kris Lou
k...@themusiclink.net