On 11/28/2017 05:46 PM, Nick Bright wrote:
On 11/28/2017 10:38 AM, Nick Bright wrote:
Is there a way to mark a backup point (in this case, it's an incremental) so that the backup (and all backups it depends on) are preeminently retained?

e.g. for a server that's failed or been decommissioned?

I may have already done so by disabling backups with $Conf{BackupsDisable} = 0;

"Disable all full and incremental backups. These settings are useful for a client that is no longer being backed up (eg: a retired machine), but you wish to keep the last backups available for browsing or restoring to other machines."

Sounds like that does what I'm looking for, and I just skimmed over the part about "keep the last backups available". I'm interpreting this as it'll retain all existing backups. Could anybody confirm?

Confirmed, except that 0 means "not disabled".

AFAIU, the host still participates in cleanup according to the usual settings (FullKeepCnt, FullKeepCntMin, IncrKeepCnt, IncrKeepCntMin), but since you certainly didn't set all of those to 0, you will be golden.

Cheers,
Alex